Monday, January 2, 2017

Sensibility

Photo of PERT by MH
     One of the things that has changed for me as I have aged, and because of my journaling I recognize it, is sensibility.  I have asked for it in my labyrinth walks (Lord* teach me sensibility). It has come in the form of letting go of established doctrines and learned behaviors.
     For example, I have recognized that setting up the boundary that I do not work on Sundays is beneficial as a sacred call to rest and to be in community; however, if I am away for a few days vacation earlier in the week, work on Sunday may be sensible.
     Another example is that I do not always have to finish what I've started.  Amazingly, during the same week that I had asked for sensibility while walking in the labyrinth, I was walking the labyrinth again and one of my children called me and asked me to come home.  Sensibility* taught me that I should not take time to do the ceremonial walk out of the labyrinth, but simply go.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you feel a call to change something in your life but can't let go of it because of some previous notion that holds you to it?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment