Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Gratitude in Verse (Journaling Brings Possibilities)

Backyard, MH
I love going back through my journals and reading what I have long forgotten.  Even the gratitude lists are interesting to me, revealing some of the most wondrous items from a specific point in time. A few months ago I decided to write a poem based on a gratitude list in a previous journal. Now when I come across other gratitude lists of the past I do the same.  It might be something you get inspired to do as you look back.  Here's one of mine.

PASSING THROUGH
The white-throated sparrow still sings
So content am I it wasn't quickly passing.

The early flowering plants pop through the softening earth
Bleeding hearts, wild ginger, bluebells
Hostas and ferns, too.

One child still gathers at our meals,
The first child's time so quickly passing.

New and old recipes nourish this life of ours
Friends and acquaintances, too.

Constant is the God who blesses me.
Please keep me in my passing.

-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1. What comes to you to consider when you look back in your journal? (If you don't keep a journal, pick the last holiday or the last week or yesterday).

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment