Friday, January 20, 2017

Paying Attention to Themes (Faith)

One thing that has become evident to me from writing about my day to day experiences is that there are themes that run in front of me.  For example, back in September 2011, a year after starting my business, there were days when I was down, wondering how it was ever going to work.  This type of negativity is what went through my head a lot of the time.

Fortunately, God* can help turn this negative brain chatter into something more positive.  Often I notice that the message comes in batches of threes; in other words, there is a theme running and I just need to catch up with it in time to take notice.

At this particular time the theme was HAVE FAITH!.  And it came from three different sources within five days time.  On Saturday, I watched Nanny McPhee, a movie with Emma Thompson in which her nanny character taught the children life lessons and the fifth lesson was faith.  At that time I was reading the Bible regularly and on Wednesday I read Matthew 21, verse 22 which reads "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."  On the same day my client's first name happened to be Faith.

It was just what I needed to hear!  The amazing part is that this doesn't just happen some of the time, it happens often.  We just need to pay attention.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What's your negative brain chatter about lately?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

PHOTO:  Front yard, pumpkins MH

No comments:

Post a Comment