Friday, January 13, 2017

Deciding When We're Strong Enough

PERT, MH
My new year's resolution for 2016 was to give up french fries.  I think I am addicted to them. Addicted in the sense that I can't have just one and I must finish all of them, mine and any that my children would leave behind on their plates.  So for the entire year I did not make fries at home.  If my family wanted them, they had to order them while they were out.  If I was out with them, I chose a different side.

It was in 2017 that the magic happened.  The magic is me feeling strong.  The fries do not have power over me anymore.  If my family would like fries for dinner, I can bake some for them and leave the rest behind.  I do not feel their pull any longer.  As a result, I choose to have an apple or something else healthy.  I can make this decision because I am strong enough now.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1. Are you addicted to someone or something?  

2.  Do you feel strong or weak when it/they are around?

3.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment