Friday, January 6, 2017

Just Keep Trying

Photo by MH, PERT
Sometimes I find the Bible to be harsh.  For example 1 John 3:10 says "This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are:  Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother." - Study Bible, (Zondervan) New International Version

On the day that I read this verse it was during my reflective time and I journaled about it. What I wrote is that this seems like an impossible task.  It's asking us for perfection. I also wrote what I think God* put on my heart in answer which was "just keep trying."

It reminds me of when my kids were little and I was off to a terrible start to my day.  It might be that the kids weren't moving quickly enough to get to daycare or that I didn't do enough prep for work the night before so I was grumpy.  If I recognized that it was not how I wanted the day to begin, I would ask my kids for a do-over.  They always said yes which would give me the opportunity to try again.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1. Is there a segment of your day today or yesterday or every day that you'd like to do over?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment