Monday, January 16, 2017

Creative Learning Steps

Fox, Print from Mosaic, MH
Recently on a January Friday evening, my family went to the Philadelphia Art Museum to listen to some jazz.  The concert was in the Great Stair Hall where the seats are, you guessed it, the steps of the great staircase.  Because the bottom steps were crowded, we went to the top.  It didn't sound melodious at all.  The acoustics there were terrible.  We discussed it among ourselves that the sound was probably better at the bottom, which is probably why it was much more crowded there, and we would not be able to find a seat there this night.  We would have to use our experience to pick a better spot next time.
The same goes with creativity.  We usually can't make a masterpiece the first time we attempt to make something with a new medium.  We must take learning steps.  Hopefully my family will be able to go back to another evening concert at the art museum and put our knowledge to work to improve our experience.
Hopefully I will also keep going back to the various mediums I enjoy and keep learning from the various nuances that each presents.
I think I put these words together because of something I read earlier in the week from The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on page 72:  "even if you have made a truly rotten piece of art, it may be a necessary stepping-stone to your next work."
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Are you a creative being?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment