Monday, January 23, 2017

Paying Attention to Themes II (Fox)

On May 28, 2012 there was a fox in our yard.  Later that day we went to a dance lesson with friends who were getting married and the dance they chose for all of us to learn was the fox trot. On June 4 of that week, I walked through my neighborhood, simultaneously forwarding an email to my husband confirming I wanted to put in a deposit for my trip to Scotland.  When I looked up there was a fox on the sidewalk walking towards me.  When it saw me it darted between the houses in the direction of my house.  Within days after committing to the trip I went to get a book about birds within the British Isles and all the store had was a book on both the birds and animals there.  On the front cover was a fox!

These events gave me pause.  What could this mean?  I needed to give it consideration.  At the end of much reflection and some passing of time I figured out that the message was go ahead and spend money on things that were life giving to me.  The irony is that I haven't yet been to Scotland because that trip was canceled by the organizer, but I have been to many other places locally, nationally and abroad since then.  I spent money on things that have been life giving to me.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you have a theme or some recurring item or thought running in your life right now?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

Photo and Artwork by MH

No comments:

Post a Comment