Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Yielding to Others, A Gracious Gift

On October 10, 2016 my grandmother Ruth would have been 100 years old.  Ruth was from a religious family and two of her four brothers became ministers.  Today this faith is known as the United Church of Christ.  

The amazing thing about Ruth is that she married for love in the first half of the twentieth century which was not always possible.  A perfect "match" was still everything - same upbringing, same background - but Ruth married outside her religion.  Furthermore, she yielded to my grandfather's family and agreed to raise her children in his faith.

When I think of my grandma I think of someone with a gentle spirit who lived a life of loving and accepting others.  She was open to whomever we brought to her table.
------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Thanksgiving is coming.  Are all welcome to your table?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)


* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment