Sunday, October 30, 2016

Me Space - Table (or Movie) for One?

When I changed careers I completely flipped my availability.   My work schedule changed from Monday to Friday daytime office hours to a much more varied schedule including evenings and Saturdays.  What it meant is that the friends I had spent a lot of my free time with were no longer available when I was available.  But it opened up space for new experiences and new friends and it also gave me more "Me Space."  Me Space is time that belongs only to me.  It might be as little as fifteen minutes or hours and hours.

The thing about "Me Space" is that I can fill it with anything I love to do, or can I?  If I have more time with just me, can I fill it with things I love that are often seen for two people?  Because let's face it, there are certain things that people don't readily do alone like going to the movies, a concert, a restaurant or an art exhibit.  It is done, but do you do it?  I had never done this before; that is, until my schedule flipped and I had this "Me Space" become available on a more frequent basis.  The one I now do the most alone is I go to the movies, usually to an animated film because my children are grown.  In this space, I laugh and I cry and it all feels good.  It is in "Me Space."
------------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Is finding a balanced life stressful for you?

2.  The last time you had "Me Space" how did you fill it?

3.  Have you tried God* first, me second, and everyone else third?

4.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment