Tuesday, October 4, 2016

At the End of the Day, I am Still Crazed but Faithful

When I am in the best of spirits, meaning in a faith-based mood, I feel at peace.  But when I get crazed with thoughts that come from living in a world where we have concrete needs of food and shelter, worry seeps in and I can flit between faith (other world thinking) and real world thinking.

My thoughts might look like this:  we can't afford the tuition at that school....God* has an infinite pocketbook......we need to budget to the penny.......God has given me the world.....I am insane to be so faithful, will my life really unfold with ease as God has promised....With God, possibilities are limitless.

I could stay on this crazy wheel forever, but usually I am able to jump off, and find a restful place in God.  Today, when I asked God what else he wanted me to know about all of this, I randomly opened Nan Merrill's Psalms for Praying and came to Psalm 115 on page 243.

The words I was comforted by were about trusting God while we are on this earth; that if we do so, we will find peace.  And this is where I will choose to stay, knowing that the crazed thoughts will probably creep back in, but hopefully I will quickly find that resting place of faithfulness that gives me serenity.

------------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:

1.  Are you in the best of spirits today or crazed by thoughts that take you to a place of fear and worry?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment