Saturday, October 15, 2016

Path of Peace

     Some days when I set out to blog I have so many things swirling around in my head I don't know what to pick,  That's because God* set out on this blogging journey with me and my God is an awesome God, wanting me (and everyone) to be successful.
     This morning I journaled about my birthday.  My daughter was off school and kept me company in between clients, my son kept calling until he got me live to bestow birthday greetings, and my husband sprinkled gifts to me throughout the day.  But this was only some of the surface pieces.
     It's about the moments in between the gifts and wishes that I want to share.  This is because today, after my morning journaling, I asked God what I should know and the response was in the rephrasing of the Psalms by Nan Merrill.  I opened randomly to page 184 and read about God setting us on a peaceful path.
   What I had also journaled about, and God wanted me to recognize, is that my daughter showed us her sketchbook on this day and one of the drawings was of one of my husband's photographs.  My son, when he finally reached me, told me that he was enjoying the blog and thought the reflective questions were thought-provoking.
     What I realized is that the development of these blog posts and the creation of photographs would not have happened if we had not followed a path of peace.  For us it meant changing careers seven years ago, but it doesn't need to be so drastic.  This path of peace is available to everyone and it promises a way of living that is most gratifying to each of us as individuals.  The tricky part is that we usually can't see where the path is going.
------------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:

1. Is your idea of success the same as God's idea?

2.  What would happen if you moved aside and let God take the lead?

3.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment