Tuesday, October 18, 2016

God is in My Schedule

Sometimes we are not sure whether or not to accept an invitation, say for a product party (we toggle between wanting comaraderie and not wanting expenditures) or a weekend getaway (time for me versus time for duties).  Maybe it's work related (networking event) but saying yes would take us away from other business matters.  Maybe it's not our favorite thing to do (tickets to a rap concert), but we feel a tug at our heartstrings to say yes.
Here's what has helped me decide.  If I have the space available, I say yes.  It takes away the struggle that can come with weighing out a yes versus a no. Conversely, if I have a conflict but I am interested, I write both things on my calendar.  That's when the magic happens for me.  Quite frequently, one of those things gets canceled or the date changes for one of the events so I can do both.  Sometimes it's that one of those things becomes more prominent or of greater importance (Senior Night for Varsity Soccer) then I need to decline the other invitation (or in my case change a work appointment).
This process all happened for me when I first started my business seven years ago.  I had lots of open space and my immediate reaction to invites would be to say no.  But then I heard that inner spirit wisdom speaking: "but you have the time," "it will be a new experience," "put yourself out there," "you will meet amazing people" (because God* makes only amazing people, you just need to meet them in order to learn their story).
------------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What is the most recent invitation you struggled with?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment