Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Having Safety Net Easier than Trusting in God

When I think about making money, it is hard to put God into this part of my life.  I would prefer to focus on having a safety net than to trust in the abundance of God.  As a thinking, reasoning being it seems irrational to think that God gets involved in concrete matters like cash and non-concrete matters like the future value of money.  As a result, it most often feels easier to focus on saving and saving and saving, with the end result of denying myself things that would make a difference in my life now, allowing me to live abundantly NOW.  So what do I do about this conflict?  It depends on the day. Sometimes I am fearful and retract from the world.  Other times I throw myself into the sacred space of daily living, knowing God is joyful watching me in it, purchasing art supplies or going to a concert. Maybe at some point I will recognize from my past experiences that God is my safety net.
------------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you buy things that make God joyful?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment