Saturday, June 24, 2017

I Know a Guy I'd Like to Emulate (Part 1 of Series)

It's when I am still and in that reflective space that I come up with ideas to blog about.  This series of posts is no different.  I don't even know yet how many people I will write about or even who the next person will be, only that I should write about people I'd like to emulate.  It's a great method of self reflection, don't you think?  That, paired with asking God* what else I should know, will definitely lead to more inner knowing.  So here goes.....

There are many people I'd like to emulate and most of them are friends, some old, some new. The first one I'll mention isn't even someone I interact with very often.  More than not, he and my husband text about a sporting event to which both are tied.

Here's more about him.  This friend is a long-term enlisted serviceman.  He has served while based out of different states and countries.Where I see him most often is on Facebook.  He is a serial poster who has a terrific Facebook presence because he knows people everywhere.  I'd like to be like him.

For those of you who know me, this statement will seem out of character because, for the longest time, I have been at war with Facebook.  I have guarded against it stealing creative time away from me.  Lately, however, I have begun to change my mind because my latest heart's desire is to connect with people, new friends and old alike, all over the world.  If I had to guess why, I think it's that my age is tugging me to do so.

Related to this friend, here are the top reasons I want to be like him:

  • He has met so many people of different backgrounds and ethnicities from around the world.
  • He checks in on Facebook to places when he arrives because he hopes he will make a connection with them if they're there.
  • He wants to experience life to the fullest. 

When I ask God what else I should know, what I hear is that this friend also keeps connections alive among his friends.  I'd like to be like him in this way also!
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------
Reflective questions:
1.  Who would you like to emulate and why?

2. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, "God, what do you want me to know?")

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment