Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Top Five Reasons Why You Should Spiritual Journal (Reason 1)

There are many reasons spiritual journaling is helpful.  As a reminder, spiritual journaling is the daily practice of writing what's on our heart and then ending with asking God,* "What else should I know?" In this next series of posts I will describe the top 5 reasons for me.

Here's the first:
1.  Journaling puts me into a place of stillness.  In this frenetic-paced existence that is the 21st Century, the practice of journaling takes me to a more quiet existence, even if just for a very small space of time during my day.  If I am not able to journal on a given day, I feel that I've missed something, that there is a sense of loss. I generally use the same space to journal during a time when no one else is around or at least not awake.  In this quiet space, I come to a sense of being grounded as I start my day.  

-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------
Reflective questions:
1.  Do you carve out one or more spaces during the day to be still?

2. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment