Friday, June 9, 2017

Top Five Reasons Why You Should Spiritual Journal (Reason 2)

There are many reasons spiritual journaling is helpful.  As a reminder, spiritual journaling is the daily practice of writing what's on our heart and then ending with asking God,* "What else should I know?" In this next series of posts I will describe the top 5 reasons for me.

#1.  Journaling puts me into a place of stillness (see last post for detail).
#2.  Journaling makes me aware of the act of living.  Instead of going through the motions from one day to the next without any consideration, it provides an opportunity for reflection.  Whether it's that I am compelled to write about the day before or to set intentions for the day ahead, it provides space to acknowledge the living I am doing.  Conversely, doing the writing about my days may actually showcase that I am not living in full.  It may be that I am not engaging in something that keeps coming across my path but I am ignoring or I am doing too many time wasters (for me, it's playing solitaire or on-line word games).
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------
Reflective questions:
1.  What did you do two, five and seven days ago and if you can't remember, why not?

2.  What are your time wasters?

3. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment