Friday, March 31, 2017

Latest Technology, Gadgets, Services Keep Us in Community

My daughter thinks that in some cases my friends are too old for me!  She says this in jest of course and hopefully she sees the value of being friends with people of all ages.  What she's talking about specifically is that I hang with women in their 70s, 80s and 90s.  I think it's because these women are very, very active and I want to be like them when I grow up.

One reason I admire them is that they stay current with the latest technology, gadgets and services. For example, these women all use social media, have smart phones, laptops or similar devices, e-readers, and so forth.  I must admit, I am not an early adopter to technology.  In fact, it took me a bit to want to learn how to blog and when my TV wants to "update" I find it a little frustrating.

I ask myself why do these women learn these new technologies?  Well, I think it's because it helps them stay in community, especially with younger generations, including their family members and friends, new and old.  For me, this is enough to put up with the ever-changing landscape of technology.  If you hear me complain about this (something else my daughter says I do a lot LOL - see the irony in the LOL?) then please remind me that it keeps me in community.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you feel that you are in community?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH March 2017 Pennypack
www.cardinaltouch.net

1 comment:

  1. I do feel I am in community with friends of various ages. Each of them have very special gifts. Because of these different gifts I feel blessed to know them and have them in my life.
    Some of these gifts are knowledge of the high test Technology , some offer wisdom, some teach me how to forgive and love again and give me motivation to move my body.
    God wants me to be greatful for this Community of mine and remind me to be there and open to new members all the time.

    ReplyDelete