Saturday, March 25, 2017

Dreams Provide Insight

Sometimes I have periods where I remember my dreams daily and other times not so much. Sometimes my dreams are rich and exciting and other times they leave me uneasy.  When I write them down in my journal and make an attempt to interpret them in writing, too, it can provide great value to the state of my spirit and what God wanted me to know.  The added value is that I am able to look back on my journey.

Someone once told me that everyone in your dream might actually be a different part of you.  So when I dreamt of me and two grade school friends in an industrial kitchen I considered they were all me.  I was going about my own business, one friend was picking up Madagascar cockroaches and putting them in a soup pot laughing all the while because they kept climbing back out.  The other friend was looking on agitated.

My interpretation was that sometimes I am frustrated when I backslide, sometimes I laugh at my humanness and sometimes I just keep moving.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you remember your dreams?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH of lichen and moss
www.cardinaltouch.net

1 comment:

  1. I also have times that I remember my dreams other times not so much.
    When I look back at the times I am remembering my dreams it is usually at that I am restless about something.
    My last time was when I was worried about a trip to the dentist. I kept dreaming I was hurt and unable to do anything about it. The trip to the dentist went fine and now the dream has stopped.
    I just asked God about this and his answer was see you worried and yet you were ok.

    ReplyDelete