Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Looking Forward is a Gift

When I look back I recognize that I have quite a few items that repeat often on my gratitude lists. First and foremost are these several items:  God* in my life, my husband and children, eggs and things to look forward to.  I have found it humorous that eggs are listed so often but I imagine it's because of their versatility.  The last item, "things to look forward to," is the same wording, but has different meaning every time because, as time goes by, what I'm looking forward to is always changing.  It might be that I'm looking forward to a vacation, hosting a dinner, having family member return home or something as simple as an up-coming episode of the blind auditions on The Voice. Whatever it is, there is excitement in the anticipation.  This is a lovely part of our existence.  
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you feel that there are ample things for you to look forward to?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH of Miami palm tree 
www.cardinaltouch.net

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to something everyday. Sometimes it is small like lunch when it is 11:30 and I know I am having something good. Other times it is as wonderful as a vacation. But I know God wants me to be happy everyday and whatever I am looking forward to is a gift from him.

    ReplyDelete