Friday, April 7, 2017

Whimsical Wishes

Do you have a silly tradition that you do every day for another person?  If you read the New York Times published essay by the late Amy Krouse Rosenthal's March 3, 2017 called "You May Want to Marry My Husband," (https://www.nytimes.com/.../modern-love-you-may-want-to-marry-my-husband.html), you might have honed in on the daily tradition her husband carried out.  Specifically, he made a smiley face out of random objects and placed them near the done-perculating coffeepot before he left for work. Because she was asleep when he left, he managed to still connect with her upon her waking.  My guess is that she got to the point where she would anticipate it daily and smile back.

I wish I could go back and do something whimsical like this daily for my children but alas they are grown. If I can find some substitute to this I will do it.  It's on my heart now so God* will point the way.  And so I ask God to help me.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Name a whimsical desire of your heart.

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo of artwork by MH 
Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

3 comments:

  1. Every Wednesday I text a 🐪 And say happy Wednesday. He lives in GA and I miss dearly. He always replies which tells me he is doing well and still has time for a funny little thing with his mom.
    God wants me to know to take these minutes to show someone they are loved and in return you will feel loved.
    Happy Friday everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple, yet awesome and whimsical tradition....and something easy to do from far away. I love it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not done anything like this for anyone, but when I was first married my father used to do it for me. He would stop by every morning and leave a little gift -- a flower, a candy, a little toy for the baby -- outside the door, just so I'd know he was thinking of us. It still makes me smile when I think of him.

    ReplyDelete