Friday, April 28, 2017

Follow That Thought to Action

A few years ago my dad was experiencing dizziness so I told him about how I, too, have had some instances of vertigo.  This had happened to me whenever I had a sinus infection. I told my dad that I hadn't had any sinus infections since incorporating local honey into my daily diet, but he didn't know where to get local honey in his neighborhood.

Because I live 800 miles away from my parents, sometimes there is little that I can do to help. However, because they don't have Internet or smart phones, it was a place I could start.  I found a natural food store near them and called.  Unfortunately, their "local" honey didn't fit the guidelines, but the shopkeeper recommended I look up the local beekeeper's association.  What I found was a closed Facebook group of beekeepers which I was able to temporarily join.  In doing so, I was able to ask if anyone knew of a beekeeper local to my parent's zip code and, lo and behold, I got connected.

Not only that, this keeper had honey for sale!  Next, I reached out to my siblings and one of my sisters said her husband could go pick up the honey.  In the process, he and the beekeeper hit it off! Now my brother-in-law has several hives on his own property AND he is "local" to my parents.  All this from following through on one thought!

Of course, we all have thoughts like this that would get us started in a direction, probably a good direction.  And, with so much to do, and so many thoughts, how do we know which ones to follow? This seems like a good question to ask God*?  Let me know what you learn!
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What do you do with random thoughts that seem to solicit a response of "I should look into that"?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, pitcher plants native to PA
Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment