Saturday, April 22, 2017

Expect Spate of God* Moments

Recently I accepted an invitation from a newly-formed networking group.  The group meets outside my target area for studio clients, but not too far to travel for speaking engagements, my newest initiative.

Originally, when I received the invite and accepted, my planner was wide open.  But on the day of, I had studio clients booked around the networking luncheon.  Because I would need to travel 45 minutes each way, I began to doubt whether or not it was worth my time.

Taking a step back from this doubt, I considered what's been working for me.  In terms of my schedule, if I've received an invitation and my schedule is open, I am to accept and attend.  This has proven to be in my best interest time and time again, so I needed to apply it here.  That is to say that, even though it was a tighter space, I still had the availability, so I needed to go!

Another thing that works for me is setting intentions.  I used to do this mostly for longer periods, like a week of vacation, attending a series of classes, the winter months, etc.  More recently I have been doing it for the day ahead or a small event, like a networking meeting.  Aha!  As a result, I set an intention for the luncheon which was "expect a God* moment."  Not surprisingly, I had several.

First, two woman I already knew were there.  I had met them when I started my business in 2010, an affirmation for the three of us that we were doing the work for our businesses to be successful.

Second, I saw myself in a young woman who moved from another state and is now exploring her new surroundings to their fullest extent.  This was me over twenty years ago, but is also me today. Today I am working on a set of intentions around how I want to interact when I travel to other towns and cities to speak.

Finally, and I don't know where this is going yet, but our leader for the meeting made me very interested in hearing more from her.  She created a local community magazine because, as she said, "I saw a need and filled it."  Maybe the God moment is that I enjoyed her energy and I would not have had that opportunity had I not gone.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What God moments did you have this week (some people call these moments coincidences, serendipity, synchronicity)?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, Philadelphia Zoo
Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

1 comment:

  1. Several weeks ago I agreed to co-lead a 7 week group at my church. I was excited to be working with this person because he was someone that I felt had something to teach me.
    Right off we had very different leading gifts and I was challenged to step out of my comfort area and learn some new ways of leading.
    This person has taught me to be ok with my skills and also try new ways of leading.
    He has been a God gift and I look forward to the rest of our teaching time together because I know I have more to learn from him and this group.

    ReplyDelete