Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Living into Your Dreams

You might recall how I explored adding on art and psychotherapy licenses to my current skill set, but that I found the process too daunting.  So my big announcement is that after trying to find an add-on business, my add-on business found me.  I am excited to proclaim that I have written a book and it is going through professional editing right now!!!!

In the process, I determined that my add-on business is paid speaking engagements, about topics covered in the book and related holistic topics.  That's a pretty big proclamation, right?  So how does one get started moving in a new direction?  I believe there are so many ways to do this, but let me tell you the one that is happening for me right now.

What I've learned is that it's easiest to do this by "living into" what you're dreaming.  Here's what I mean:  I began to tell people that I am a speaker.  I also began to volunteer to teach classes. The first series I did was in March about spiritual journaling.  This series was unpaid.  But by putting myself out there, I received my first honorarium just one month later to speak to senior nursing students about the body, mind and spirit (God*) connection.  In the fall I will be teaching meditation at a local adult evening school, another paid gig, and I was already asked to return to teach again at the university.

It's all so exciting, I almost want to pinch myself!  Does this sound like a feeling you'd like to have? Well then, how are you going to live into your dreams?
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What steps have you taken to live into your dreams?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, robin's nest front yard
Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment