Friday, February 10, 2017

What Does Trust God Mean?

A few years ago I read A Cup of Our Life by Joyce Rupp.  It recommends setting intentions and doing other spiritual exercises as you move through the book.  One of the exercises suggests writing a dialogue with God about trust.  Here's a portion of what I wrote in my journal:

God*:  Good morning, Marie how are you?
Me:  I am very good, looking outside at snow-covered ground, it is beautiful.
God:  I know, right?
Me:  Yes, and I thank you!  Also God, I have a question.  Can You tell me Your version of trust?
God:  Yes.  All you need to know is I Am Who Am.
Me:  Huh?  How does this answer the trust question?
God:  I Am Who Am.  Trust that I Am going to save you when, that I am going to be with you when.
Me:  What do you mean by when?
God:  When-always; when-you need me; when you can't ask for me; when it is more than you can handle; when-always.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you dialogue with God*?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

Photo by MH

No comments:

Post a Comment