Monday, February 13, 2017

Put It All Together

On April 2, 2013 I wrote 3 categories in my journal to label experiences for that week:  praises, frustrations and suffering. Praises included things about my time spent outdoors and with my daughter. Frustrations included my hip issues and dress shopping.  Suffering was about others in my life who were experiencing either serious sickness of a loved one or marital strife.  I also wrote "put them all together and you have life."  This is not something new.  It's just something to think about.  What came up for me is that they can not be what they are without the others.  The contrast among them is what makes each situation so regarded and impactful, and sometimes more than others.  For example, if I am the one that is suffering, it might diminish or multiply the praises.  It just depends on where I am at the moment.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What are your joys, frustrations and sufferings this week?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

Photo by MH

2 comments:

  1. Joys- My son who I do not see often is coming for a visit this weekend.
    Suffering - sorrow for my two sister in laws, one just lost her husband and the other going through cancer. Also a friend having breast cancer surgery on Thursday.
    Frustration- I can not take this pain away for these people who I love.
    God wants me to know that life is full of all this and I need to celebrate, cry and love but most of all trust in him.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha, thank you for sharing your comment and for asking God what else you should know! Have a wonderful time with your son while he visits and I hope for the best outcomes for everyone in your life who is suffering.

    ReplyDelete