Tuesday, July 5, 2016

God, Distract Me Please!

When I began my business I had a lot of extra time on my hands because I was waiting for new clients.  Extra time is what everyone wants but at the same time we are conditioned to be stressed during this time.  We think we should be finding small work assignments or be constantly marketing ourselves or our new business.  I have heard it before from people who have been layed off.  They feel that if they are not looking for a job every second, then the time is wasted.  I found that to be true for myself.

I have come to believe that this in-between space is sacred space.  God* wants us to have this "empty" space.  It becomes a space to connect with others or connect with ourselves.  Maybe it gives us time to have lunch with old friends or to rifle through our closet to find treasures like paints or a guitar.

Over time, and with guidance, I became more comfortable in this space.  I knew in my heart that this time would close and that I needed to follow God's lead on how to spend the time.  God wanted me to enjoy this time, to lighten up, to have fun!  Here's one thing that happened for me during this space: my brother invited me to play Wabble.  It was really fun because it was on-line (my brother lives 800 miles away) and there was a chat column next to the game board.  So while one was playing, the other was answering!  Not surprisingly, as this window of time with lots of availability was closing, the on-line game was pulled.  So I am glad I "wasted" my time by playing while I could!  

Reflective questions:
1   Are you being called to play?  Why or why not?

2.  Have you come across any old treasures lately that are calling your name?

3.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you for today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment