Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Pen that Bled

Where are you with your place in the world? Do you know that you have nothing to fear?  I am gaining ground but I am not there yet. Recently I had a hotel stay in which my pen bled onto the white comforter because I fell asleep while doing a crossword puzzle. I didn't tell housekeeping. Like I said I am not there yet. Instead I thought about turning the bedspread over. And then I thought what I would say if the hotel called me to say I spoiled their linen. Would I deny it?  I didn't want to deny it so I threw the guilty pen into the trash can as proof that it was me so that I would not lie. So I am getting there but I am still on the journey.

Reflective questions:

1. Do you have faith in the laws of nature?  Said another way, do you trust that all will be ok even if you have failed, are failing, expect to fail?

2. What does this story make you think of?

3. *God, what do you want me to know?


* I use the term God, Spirit, etc. as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you for today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment