Saturday, April 16, 2016

My Obituary


 

Tonight I wrote my obituary.  I was inspired by Lesson 34 in God is Always Hiring by Regina Brett.  She writes about 3 people who really, really lived.  This chapter suggested to me that we consider following one of those 3 individual's methods of living (Nancy Lee Hixson) which included writing one's own obituary, do those things, and revise and revise it until the day we die.  She did it for 7 years.  I hope I have longer.  Reading the lesson reminded me of the line in Shawshank Redemption about our choice to either get busy living or get busy dying.  I like to think that I am figuring out how to get busy living.

Reflective questions:

1.  Where do you fall on the spectrum of busy dying to busy living?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God what do you want me know)?

3. Is it time to add your obituary to your journal?

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you for today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment