Friday, July 21, 2017

Why Pray or Meditate (You Know Because It Makes Your Heart Sing)


What I'm feeling right now is gratitude because my headache is gone.  My heart is singing because I know how to get rid of a headache fast.  I didn't always know how to do this, but thanks to a variety of teachers, I can do this myself through a combination of hydrating, utilizing essential oils, massaging my neck and scalp, stretching and being still (praying and meditating).

What's also on my heart is that my sister-in-law texted me over several days to tell me that her sons had been talking about me all week while they were at the beach.  They said things like, "Aunt Marie would know what bird this is," and "We have to get the watermelon beach umbrella because that's what Aunt Marie uses."

God* wants me to know that sitting still, meditating and praying, leads me to setting intentions to be the best I can be, including being present when I interact with others. God also wants me to know that I often receive gifts from others, that I need to recognize these gifts more often, and that I need to make good on my promises, such as to my nephews and friends.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------

Reflective questions:
1.  What's on your heart right now?

2. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, "God, what do you want me to know?")

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, Hanging Lake 

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment