Monday, July 24, 2017

Finding Hidden Talents (from the looking back series - 12/26/16)

"You're an angel," is a saying often heard after an act of kindness.  If the defining quality of an angel is an act of kindness, then I have more angels in my life than I can count!  For me, recent angels include those who invite me to showcase my writing or art, people who improve their own craft or skills in order to help others, including helping others find their hidden talents.  This last type really helped me to find a new career in 2009.

At that time, I had left the corporate world to pursue life.  I could not see talents outside those I used in the business world, and I didn't want to use those talents anymore anyway.  One of the angels in my life, a woman retiring from the place I was leaving, had had so many varied careers that she knew I must have talents that were not evident to me.  That's when I began a skills list for myself and I included the gift of touch (my sisters and I scratched each other's backs when we were little).  In 2010 I graduated from massage school.

Now, new hidden talents have been popping out. One is writing poetry.One of the angels I mentioned above wrote "I LOVE your poems!  Very simple and unpretentious."
 
God* wants me to know that I have a strong sense of self that comes from doing the work of spiritual journaling.  To that, I say, "Thank you, God!"
----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------

Reflective questions:
1.  Do you recognize "angels" when you see them??

2.  What are your hidden talents?

3. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, "God, what do you want me to know?")

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment