Monday, July 17, 2017

What's Makes Your Heart Sing?

In the summer, my work environment (my home) changes dramatically because, instead of just me there during the daytime, my husband and two young adult children are back to greatly utilizing the space alongside me.

I treasure this time because they, and their friends, come and go, and it is in the in-between spaces where we have some great conversations.

What I have learned is to let go of some things over the summer, such as art and big writing projects, as well as piano lessons and all the practice time that goes with it.  Letting go allows me to really sink into and take a healthy bite out of summer.

Going with the flow doesn't mean that I ignore the call of these other pieces that make my heart sing. It's just that I might do these other things on a smaller basis such as write a poem or sit down to play the piano when I feel called to do so.

When I ask God* what else I should know what I hear is that this is a balanced approach to living.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------
Reflective questions:
1.  What makes your heart sing?

2. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, "God, what do you want me to know?")

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, Hanging Lake 

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

2 comments:

  1. What makes my heart sing? My friend Carly. Used to see her nearly every week but she moved and got a great new job. She's not that far away but she's busy busy busy. Just hearing her voice on the answering machine was a joy.

    I also like trying out new recipes. Since I had a plethora of bought mushrooms, I decided to make mushroom soup with lots of yummy fresh veggies I got at the market. The liquid is that bone broth that's advertised on PBS. It smells great!

    In your book you talk about victimization. Thanks for sharing those words. Just got word that a lovely essay I wrote two years ago will not be published for another year.

    Guess what? I'm going to withdraw it and submit it somewhere else. Thanks Marie! I always learn something new from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting Ruth! Your complements give me joy! I'm also glad to hear that you are submitting your work somewhere else. The joy I feel from that is that someone else will get to read your work! All the best, Marie

    ReplyDelete