Tuesday, December 20, 2016

You Know Them Because Their Hearts Sing

When I think about the future, sometimes I am giddy because I don't know where I will be or what I will be doing in ten or twenty years.  I just know that if I do what makes my heart sing now I will be on the right path because God* wants us to be content NOW.
Of course I don't always get that giddy feeling because fear sometimes sets in and I think "What am I thinking?  How is this ever going to work out?"
And then I think about the people whose lives sing.  You know them.  They found their calling doing what they love.  Maybe it was a first career, maybe it was a second.  I think of my friends in the professions of PT, OT and nursing who love their jobs. I think of myself.  I think of the teachers who have made the biggest impact on my children because they love what they do.
And then when I worry about the future I think about the retirees who have found rewarding times because they did hobbies that they loved along the way.  You know them.  They are the men and women who created woodworking shops in their garages or took every nature walk possible and now they are leading tours around the world.  I see them and can tell that their hearts sing.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What is worrying you today?

2.  What makes your heart sing?

3.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)


* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment