Saturday, December 17, 2016

God Weight

On Tuesday I posted about information versus knowledge versus wisdom.  So here's an example of what's become knowledge for me.  I used to be able to control my weight through exercise alone and not really worry about what I ate.  As I have gotten older I have gained weight even though I am always pretty active.  It became evident that eating well AND exercising are paramount to maintaining my weight. This is not new news but something I personally took in as information only, Now it has become knowledge.
Where the wisdom (knowledge that is proven over the ages) comes in is during my journal look back.  What my journals show is that sometimes I am happy with my weight and sometimes I am not.  When I am not I sometimes write down a goal weight in my journal.  In one of my recent looking backs, I discovered that I miswrote "goal weight" and actually wrote "God* weight.  The wisdom, then is that God is in my everyday living including my weight goals and that every one of my weights, even the one I don't want to be, is my "God weight".  After all, God wants me in whatever shape I am in the present moment.
----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What are your every day struggles?  How about the shape of your mental, physical or spiritual weight?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)


* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment