Friday, December 23, 2016

Why Pray or Meditate? (You Know Because Their Hearts Sing Part II)

Photo by Ed Higgins         
     After I wrote the post "You Know Them Because Their Hearts Sing," I read an interview in the January 2017 issue of The Sun by Christine Byl with Eva Saulitis.  Eva seems to have had a heart that sang (she died in early 2016 at 52 of breast cancer).  Her initial call seemed to be as an oboist but jump forward and you learn that she died as a researcher recording whale songs and writing poems; in my mind, all three of these things a sort of collection of music.  Her path is immensely beautiful to me and resonates because she seemed to explore life in a similar way; that is, through prayer, meditation and spiritual practices. She also provides one answer as to why we should do these things and I agree that it is a piece of it:  it is about why we are walking this earth.
     For me, in addition to that, and maybe it is just said another way, we learn so much about ourselves; but also, because I believe we were made in the image and likeness of God*, we also learn about our Creator* and we learn to develop a more personal relationship with this Great Spirit.*   That's why I always end my journaling with the question, God, what do you want me to know?  It's amazing what I learn about myself after that.
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  What's on your heart right now?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)


* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment