Friday, September 2, 2016

Enough Skin to Go Around

I was at a networking meeting recently and one of the questions each person was asked to answer was this:  "What business advice do you have for the others in the room?"

My answer comes from a marketing club I belonged to years ago with classmates and other alumni from massage school.  What we had in common is that we needed to create a full book of clients for ourselves.  That's when someone said, "There's enough skin to go around."

Think about it.  God* wouldn't call us into something that doesn't have the opportunity for giving us abundant living.  In other words, we don't need to worry about the competition.  We each have something unique to offer.

To the latest group I was with, my response caused a chuckle because no one else there was in the same line of business as me.  But they understood it's meeting:  give your worry the boot, God's got this!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear from you and the community would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else; most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:

1.  What comes to mind from reading this post?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment