Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Allowing Your Story to Unfold of its Own Making

I'm not done yet.  I like that I probably still have more time on this earth to play, to learn, to grow.  I also like to watch the days unfold of their own accord.  I can fathom some of it from the outset simply because of the intentions I set.  They're not goals, really, but the way that I want to feel when I go to bed at night.

Last night I went to bed content that I didn't over-manage my day.  I considered rearranging my dinner plans so that I would not have to wait for my companion and so that I could be closer to home at the end of the evening.

If I had done that, I would have spent time texting to change the plans and phoning for a new reservation.  Instead I enjoyed the person who was driving as I was the passenger.

When I ask God* what else I should know, God reminded me that I still need to get outside today and that daylight is fading.  What a simple request.  They usually are!
 -----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------
Reflective questions:
1.  What are your goals for today?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, "God, what do you want me to know?")

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling which is simply journaling what's on your heart and mind and then asking God* what else you should know (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment