Friday, May 26, 2017

What's Growing Out of Your Fallow Time?

     So if you follow my posts, you know that I've had fallow time as a result of not planting a vegetable garden this year (this garden and I have rested).  This has led to me joining a local CSA.  I will pick up my first box of locally grown fruits and vegetables next week.  I'm sure I'll have more to share on that in coming weeks.
     In the meantime, I want to talk about my "fallow" garden.  I did not grow any seedlings indoors or buy seeds to plant, but guess what?  Some of last year's crops set seed and I will have yield even though I did nothing (squash, tomatoes, and beets).  I will also have the perennial crops such as raspberries and rhubarb.  Thank you, God,* for designing plants this way!
    In the meantime, I've been able to attend some webinars about the pests that destroyed my onion crops last year and have learned some new solutions.  Whether or not I will plant a full garden next year depends on what my coming path holds.  Whatever it is, I expect that what grows out of this fallow time will be grand!  How about you?  What's been growing out of your fallow time?
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1.  Are you coming out of or going into fallow time, or is it that you would like fallow time, but don't feel that it's possible?

2. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, PERT

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment