Monday, May 15, 2017

Summer Time, Summer Time & Something Better!

Summer, summer, summertime!  It's my daughter's favorite time of the year.  So much so, that in the spring we begin creating a list of things to do together in the summer.  The list always includes breakfast, just the two of us, at the shore.  As you can imagine, that is one of my favorites.  We have also added some adventure in recent years, including paddle boarding. I'm done with jogging - too hard on my knees at this point - but I'm glad I could say "yes" the year she wanted to do a Color Run. What's been on my heart is to see Cirque du Soleil, but they were just in my home city, so I need to leave it to God* to make it happen, or something better.  That's the thing about setting intentions and then leaving things to God - something better is always way more than I could imagine on my own!
-----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.

Reflective questions:
1. What is something you could put on your heart for this summer to leave to God to make better?

2. What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by EJH, backyard silver maple

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling (read more at CardinalTouch.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment