Saturday, August 27, 2016

Give God Direction and then Forget About It

I have let myself off the hook by giving *God direction.  It is so freeing, I really should consider doing it more often.  Here are three examples.

When I began providing massage 7 years ago, with my first touch of each client I silently prayed, "God, please give my hands what this person needs."  And then one time I forgot to pray at the start and so I said, "God, know that my intention is that I ask for your help with every massage, even when I forget to ask."  So then when I forget, I know God still has my back (and my client's!)

I do not enjoy public speaking (my hands get clammy, I get underarm stains, I stress about it days before, etc.), but it is a necessity sometimes for the work I am called to do, paid or unpaid. And so I ask God to help me. Whenever I ask God beforehand, I relax more and deliver the message from the heart.  There are times when I am asked to speak without preparation and in order to feel prepared spontaneously I ask God to be in it with me each time I must speak to a group, large or small.  So eventually I asked God to give me the best words for each situation, even if I don't pray specifically beforehand.

Writing this blog sometimes gives me angst because I am putting myself out there.  So I have said, "God, help me to write from the heart in a way that is life giving for the subjects, especially the people I am writing about."  And God knows this is on my heart, so if I forget to pray it before each post, I know God knows this so I can forget about it.

Reflective questions:

1.  What would you like to hand over to God?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, God, what do you want me to know?)

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.




No comments:

Post a Comment