Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"I Wrote Three Poems" (Thank You Readers)

One of the things I've heard after reflecting on whether or not to write a book and asking the question, "God*, what else should I know?" is that if we can help just one person, it is enough.  So even though self-publishing is daunting, I knew that if I could help one person, my heart would sing because it would be enough in God's eyes.  Well, my heart is singing.  Here's why.....

The kind of book I have enjoyed reading in the last ten years (examples:  Sabbath by Wayne Muller, God is Always Hiring by Regina Brett) is the kind of book I wrote.  It is a self-help book with exercises that help us discover our inner spirit wisdom .  So it touches me to hear that the book, Sprouting Spiritual Growth:  A Memoir and a Guide to Spiritual Journaling, is moving people to curiously consider their own spirit wisdom.

Here are some comments:
  • "I wrote three poems yesterday." 
  • "I looked up the meaning of my name."
  • "I am doing the book slowly to allow for reflection of the questions.  They are written differently than what I have seen before."
  • "I realize I am also no longer coming, but I am going."         
Being read is one of the greatest gifts to an author, so please know, readers, that you have helped me, too!  I appreciate your comments, your invitations to your homes to do an author's talk, the opportunity to sign a book that you're giving to yourself or someone else, and conversation.  I've met so many new people as a result of this, and for this, I thank you!
 -----------------------------------------
Now for the reflective questions which you can journal about or if you'd like to share your story, the community and I would love to hear from you!  Your comment could have a major impact on someone else.  Most likely it will be just the right thing at the right time for one of the readers. For me, God* wanted me to know that helping even just one person is wonderfully impactful.
-----------------------------------------
Reflective questions:
1.  How can you help just one person today?

2.  What does God* want you to know about this (ask directly, "God, what do you want me to know?")

* I use the term God as a universal term.  You may decide that Great Spirit, Allah, Higher Power, Sensibility, etc. better suits you today.  It is not for me to decide.

Photo by MH, super moon at dawn, PP meadow

Note:  These posts are part of a broader call to do spiritual journaling which is simply journaling what's on your heart and mind and then asking God* what else you should know (read more at CardinalTouch.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment